In the beginning, when you play chords, that means that you are playing a grip, just a way of putting your fingers on the fretboard and there is no flexibility and no way to improvise with the chord.
This lesson is a compact collection of exercises that you can go through and play that will help you develop more options and open up how you play chords and how you think about playing chords in a jazz context. It is aimed at taking you up a level and expand your chord knowledge with and especially with using them to make music.
The lesson will give you exercises to develop:
- Transitions to rootless voicings
- Tying chords together with music
- A Freer way to choose chords while playing
- Top-Note Melodies while comping
- Inner-voice and other embellishments