The place where Bebop and Blues melt together is a special sound. To me, it is really one of the greatest things in Jazz, when Bebop chromaticism helps fuel Blues phrasing or when Blues phrases add clarity to intricate Bebop lines.
This set of 3 etudes gives you some exercises to work with to develop this in your own playing, and change things up from just running the changes. That place where you can go either way. Besides mixing these two styles the etudes are also examples of connecting phrases in a solo helping you tell a story and not just play something on each chord, so there are a lot of motivic and call-response material to add to your playing.
The 3 solos are transcribed and analyzed and the download also includes performance videos and a backing track.
- 3 1 chorus etudes on a Bb Blues
- Transcription in PDF and GuitarPro
- Annotated transcription explaining what is going on
- Article with suggestions for developing your own lines
- Performance videos and mp3
- Backing track
There are no reviews yet.