The goal for this lesson is to give you the means to make your own Chord Melody arrangements. The lesson package gives you 4 exercises of Diatonic Chords and will then show you how you can use that material to make you own chord melody arrangements starting with a lead sheet. I will go over how you move the melody to the top strings and then chose a chord voicing to harmonize the melody note. The package also includes three chord melody arrangements of tunes that demonstrates how to put the material to use.
Exercises and Analysis of 3 chord melody arrangements
The lessons will go over technical and fretboard overview aspects of arranging for guitar and also talk about this in the videos on the different chord melody arrangements. These skills are also going to be very useful in other aspects of playing as well such as soloing and comping.
Since it is very useful to have a strong understanding of harmonizing when comping for others or for yourself in a situation where you are playing with others. Just listen to great players like Wes Montgomery or Kurt Rosenwinkel for examples of how this works.
The lesson download contains:
• 4 videos of exercises and arrangements (78 min)
• Chord Melody arrangement of 3 Jazz Songs
• Videos discussing the construction and fingerings used
• Chord exercises for keys and string sets
• Exercises for harmonizing a melody note
• PDF/GuitarPro7 Transcriptions (8 files)
The lesson will among other things discuss:
• Making your own chord melody arrangement
• Harmonizing a melody
• Using multiple fingerings for a chord
• Preparing a song for chord melody
• Techniques and harmonization choices
• Analysis of arrangements, songs and chords