This lesson is a transcription of 4 choruses that I played over a backing track of the song There is no greater love.
The 4 chorus transcription is an insight into how I use different devices in my playing. Some of the material that I use quite a lot in this solo,
- Blues phrasing on a standard
- Polyrhythms, groupings of 3 or 6 note rhythms
- 4th voicings moved around in the diminished scale across several chords
- Mixing chords and single note lines
- Phrasing across the barline
- Reharmonizing while soloing
- Repeated rhythmical phrases over a progression
The nature of the progression is so that it lends it self very well to the use of blues phrasing, probably because there are a lot of dominants and the melody is somewhat basic. Something that also makes it work well as a really swinging vehicle for a jazz guitar solo.
The download includes:
- 4 chorus transcription in PDF and GuitarPro
- VIdeo performance
- Video performance with sheet music
- mp3 of the performance.
- Performance notes
The backing track I used is available from Bobby’s backing tracks: http://www.bobbysbackingtracks.com/en/jazz-trio/2503-jazz-trio-vol-1.html