Two things are certain: Comping is probably what you will be doing most of the time as a guitarist and Rhythm Changes is an essential chord progression to master if you want to learn how to play jazz.
Hopefully this lesson package helps you with both of those things.
What you will Learn:
There are two goals in this lesson package. One is to give some insight in how you can comp on the rhythm changes and especially on the I VI II V progression.
The other goal is to help you start thinking in phrases when comping. It is very important to connect what you are playing and make it a complete musical statement. This is more useful than worrying about what extensions to use or what reharmonization to play. Listening to what is going on around you and making musical sense should always be a top priority and especially when accompanying somebody else.
Some of the topics I discuss:
- How to connect chords and think in phrases
- Choices of rhythms for comping
Adding a melody to your comp
- What extensions to choose and how to use them
- Analysis of the two examples and the transcription
The Download includes:
- 3 chorus Comping examples
- A Medium and A Medium Up example
- 3 Video lessons, Exercises and solo (61 min)
- PDF/GuitarPro Transcription
- Mp3 Backing tracks
- Performance videos
There are no reviews yet.