It is here! My New Book:
Advanced Jazz Guitar Concepts
In Advanced Jazz Guitar Techniques I provide more deep insights into the techniques and theory of contemporary jazz guitar.
You’ll discover a practical, no-nonsense guide to jazz guitar topics that have mystified even experienced jazz musicians – such as effective soloing with triad pairs, applying quartal harmony, how to use altered scales, and much more!
Master the advanced guitar techniques and melodic concepts you’ve heard in the music of everyone from Charlie Parker and Wes Montgomery, to Kurt Rosenwinkel, Michael Brecker and Mike Moreno.
What you’ll learn:
- How to use tritone substitution more effectively in your playing
- Chord and scale substitution ideas to create new sounds with scales you already know
- How to use triad pairs from the Altered Scale
- How to combine triads, arpeggios and scale runs to create melodic, modern-sounding licks that avoid clichés
- Intervallic patterns to introduce exciting melodic leaps into your jazz soloing
- The Augmented and Tritone scales and how to use them
Here’s What You Get:
- A step-by-step jazz guitar method that starts simple and adds layers of complexity
- Perfectly notated examples with tab and studio-quality audio to download for FREE
- A full-length blues with a solo analysis demonstrating all the concepts at work
- Apply your knowledge to the most common progressions in jazz
You can get the Paperback on Amazon here: Advanced Modern Jazz Guitar
You Can also order it as a PDF on the Fundamental Changes Website here: Advanced Modern Jazz Guitar
I am so proud of this book. I think it really presents some information on soloing in with a more modern sound that is not really available anywhere else but is certainly a key ingredient for a lot of the Jazz Musicians of today.
Learn Jazz – Make Music!